Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gpetburg
Channel Surfer

Voice remote pro not holding charge

Same problem, I can recharge the remote and sometimes only last an hour.

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice remote pro not holding charge

Hi @Gpetburg,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device that is paired with the Roku Voice Remote Pro so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Gpetburg
Channel Surfer

Paired to model 3810x. Serial # 213174868179

0 Kudos
Gpetburg
Channel Surfer

Can use another remote that takes batteries, no problem.  Also this site is awful.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gpetburg,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing additional information.

I've passed along your concerns to our Support team. If you don't hear from them within the next 1-2 business days, please feel free to reach out again and I'll make sure you are taken care of.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Seshultz55
Reel Rookie

I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. ONLY TIME IT WORKS NOW IS WHEN IT IS PLUGGED INTO WALL! Did work great but not anymore!

0 Kudos
Gpetburg
Channel Surfer

Same here and cord is short. Roku needs to fix this. Try a diffrent usb wall plug in.

0 Kudos
Gpetburg
Channel Surfer

This site is terrible, can’t tell if I am replying to your message or back on my original message???. Same here and cord is short. Roku needs to fix this. Try a diffrent usb wall plug in.

0 Kudos
Gpetburg
Channel Surfer

My roku pro just died again.  Had a full charge and 30 minutes later charge was DEAD.  Like you I have to keep it plugged in for it to work.  I am demanding a new one.

jpmwolf91
Reel Rookie

Original post:

I had this same problem and then I decided to pry the remote open and unplug the battery from the chipset entirely.. I unplugged it and replugged it a few times and a few of those times I plugged the charger in just to see what would pop up on the screen. After a few times of doing this it actually started to charge again. I'm not even sure what the problem was.. maybe there was some dirt in the 3pin connector for the battery.. maybe the pins popped out and weren't seated correctly after the remote had taken some abuse..

I'm not sure. I would guess the last one though. I guess it makes sense that the pins could pop out. There's really nothing holding them in place besides friction. By that I mean there's no clip to hold the connection down. If anyone tries this and it works, let me know!

reply to my original post:

I see many more people with this same issue but it seems no one has tried this trick. After doing this mine works completely fine now. If any of you are a bit handy and can use a screwdriver and get into the remote (as absolutely ridiculous that is) to fix it, I sincerely hope you try it and it works for you as well. Let me know how it goes!