Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suesue1
Reel Rookie

Voice remote can no longer control TV

My voice remote has worked to turn off/on and control volume on my TV for the past two years. When changing the remote batteries yesterday, I had to reboot my remote and re-pair it with my Roku stick. The pairing worked, but when I try to "Set up remote for TV control" I go through 7 code without the music muting then get the "Unable to set up remote" message. I know it is possible for the remote to control my Tv, because it had no problem doing so before the battery change. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
ROkooFlix
Streaming Star

Re: Voice remote can no longer control TV

I've had this happen, tried different brand of manufacturer IR codes and found one that worked.   

Member Since ‎07-09-2008
0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Suesue1!

Thank you for letting us know about the pairing issues you're currently experiencing with your Roku remote and we're here to assist you with this.

Can you please confirm if this is the remote that comes with your Roku player? Nevertheless, kindly press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds to reset it. After doing so, pair it again and set up your remote for the TV control. 

Let us know how it goes so we can continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Suesue1
Reel Rookie

Yes the remote is the original remote that came with the system. Pressing the back and home key together for 30 seconds does nothing. So I reset the remote again using the button next to the batteries and re-paired it. Now the remote only works intermittently. It seems to lose connection then the remote symbol with full battery shows up on the screen and I can press buttons for a few seconds then it stops again. In the settings my Internet connection says excellent.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the added information, @Suesue1.

To provide you with the best possible solution, we will work closely with our Support team to resolve the issue at hand. To ensure you have all the necessary information, we will send you a Private Message with further details. Please keep an eye on your inbox and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos