Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jadhemama
Reel Rookie

Voice Remote Pro won't charge

Jump to solution

I have a voice remote pro that has worked and charged fine up to this point.  I put it on to charge and the green light is blinking. I let it charge overnight and it went from 2% to 4%. I have had this remote about a year and I bought it by itself.  It is model number RC795.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Voice Remote Pro won't charge

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Jadhemama!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'd be happy to suggest some steps to help you fully charge your Roku Voice Remote Pro successfully. 

• Test with different power outlets, micro USB cables, and USB chargers.
  • Reset the remote: Press and hold the Back/pairing and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again to see if this will make any difference.

For detailed instructions on how to reset the remote, you can refer to this support link: How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working | Roku.

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Jadhemama-

I see many complaints of Voice Remote Pros that lose their ability to take a charge, but I have three of them, one for well over 2 years, and have noticed no loss of charge holding capacity or ability to charge. I don't know if I just happened to have gotten lucky and received good ones, or if my usage pattern has something to do with it. 

Many (most? all?) rechargeable batteries deteriorate if repeatedly allowed to overcharge. Both my Samsung phone and Lenovo tablet even have optional features that will cut off charging before the battery reaches full charge to prevent or limit this deterioration.  (I've suggested to Roku that they add this capability to their Voice Remote Pros, but the suggestion seems to have dropped into a black hole.) 

From day one I've always made it a point to disconnect my Voice Remote Pros from the charger when they reach full charge, or slightly before. I especially try to avoid letting them charge unattended overnight.

The charger I use outputs 2 amps and the remotes charge fairly quickly. You can check the charge level via "Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > Voice Remote Pro > About" on your Roku.  If I don't want to exit what I am watching just to check the charge level while charging, I just unplug from the charge cord and observe the popup that usually (not always) appears on the upper right corner of the screen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Jadhemama!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'd be happy to suggest some steps to help you fully charge your Roku Voice Remote Pro successfully. 

• Test with different power outlets, micro USB cables, and USB chargers.
  • Reset the remote: Press and hold the Back/pairing and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again to see if this will make any difference.

For detailed instructions on how to reset the remote, you can refer to this support link: How to fix your Roku voice remote that is not working | Roku.

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jadhemama
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@makaiguy 

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Jadhemama
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuCarly 
Thank you so much for your help!  I reset the remote and it's charging very quickly!  Thanks again!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have tried your “fixes” multiple times and this garbage remote continues to be a problem. Different cords, different outlets, different USB blocks. Sometimes it charges, sometimes it doesn’t. It’s constantly losing its pairing.

At this point I’d rather have a remote with actual batteries. This is ridiculous. 

What is Roku going to do to fix this well known problem? 

My remote came with a Roku Ultra #4802R

I am really, really fed up. I waste so much time fussing with this stupid remote. What’s the point of a rechargeable remote that doesn’t actually charge and has to constantly be repaired? 

nisafitriyani
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@ngobroI games if your Voice Remote Pro won't charge, try using a different cable or adapter, clean the charging port, and inspect the battery for proper seating or defects. Restart the remote or check for firmware updates as these can sometimes resolve the issue. If these steps don't work, contact the manufacturer's customer support or consider a warranty claim

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

We appreciate your first post here in the Roku Community, @Fourlegsgood!

I'd be happy to coordinate this with our Support team for further assistance, and I will reach out to you via Private Message to gather additional details. 

Kindly check your inbox for my email. 

In the meantime, you may install the Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. This works well with your Roku Ultra and has a private listening feature. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.