Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoSound123

Unable to control sound from Roku remote to Sonos Playbar. I have LG TV

I have never had an issue, in the past, controlling the sound from my Roku Ultra remote control and Sonos Playbar from my LG TV. 

Recently, the Roku remote stopped working.  I replaced the optical cable for the Sonos Playbar to my LG TV, I made sure my LG TV was set to Optical, and I checked the Roku audio settings.  I can control the sound from the Sonos app on my phone but not the Roku Ultra Remote. Does anyone know what the issue maybe? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to control sound from Roku remote to Sonos Playbar. I have LG TV

@NoSound123 

Roku remotes don't  control soundbars connected by optical cable. But Sonos soundbars can be taught the commands from say your LG tv volume, and than the Roku remote can be programmed for your LG tv code. Whatever changed is not Roku related. Check your Sonos manual on how to teach the commands. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.