Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
romeropov
Binge Watcher

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

The first time I tried to reset my control the music never stopped so the using the volume from the control continued not working; the second time when I re-paired the control then then the music stopped and the volume worked again. If it helps I can add pics of what I did.

0 Kudos
Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I see, thank you. I’ve already tried re-pairing my remote twice, but with the same results. Volume and power are not controlled by the remote. 

romeropov
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So you got to the part where Roku asks you if you can hear the music and you kept selecting Yes/No until the music stopped or you got to the last pairing device option w/o being successful with the music stopping every time you chose to try to a new device?

0 Kudos
Ngoldstein
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The latter. I went through all the codes until I got the message that the remote could not be paired with my tv (although it had previously been paired for years). The music never stopped. 

0 Kudos
romeropov
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yeah, that's frustrating; i need to try other streaming devices; I try to purchase my Rokus at Costco so I can return anytime if I have issues.

This problem everyone experiencing is just ridiculous though.

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

At least you get codes offered to you

A I get is my TV is not recognized and thatt to s as far as I can go and I tried a new Roku Device and got the same

BooGee

Jump to solution

Unable to use the side button for the volume control. We followed all the instructions from update, new remote, new batteries, off and on, tried everything. Ours is stuck in "Gaming Remote" you can not change it to "Set up remote for TV control". It will not allow you to select it. It worked correctly before the update. Please help. 

Model: 4200x Roku 3

Serial # 1GN39L138052

Software Version:10.5.0 build4208-04

Issue ID: 52-092-204

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

A Roku 3 is extremely outdated. They were released in 2013. Better off getting new one 

0 Kudos
VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I’m not offered any codes 

my tv is not recognized and I can’t setup any remote. I even bought a new Roku device and same results (zero)

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Care to elaborate please. Which Roku device do you have? Which TV? I have 6 Roku devices. 3 Streaming Stick+, 1 Ultra and 2 TCL Roku TV’s. All work great. Remotes work great

0 Kudos