Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeyJude

Re: Roku remote stopped controlling tv volume.

Jump to solution

My voice remote still controls on off on an old TV but the volume quit working after a recent Roku update. I have tried resetting the TV with the music Etc. Did not work. Bought a new voice remote thinking I had a faulty remote but it will not control volume either. Everything was working just fine with the original voice remote that came with Roku Ultra until last update.

Onyxius
Reel Rookie

So is this sub forum just to let Roku know what hardware and software is causing issues or is this also a support sub forum to try other options. 

I know the remote works because it syncs to another sharp tv I have that is older, but it stopped working recently from my 2 year old tv.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
11ongas
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote stopped controlling tv volume.

Jump to solution

Hello.mine did the exact same thing.i manually scrolled thru all 50  remote codes stored in the memory of the roku,while watching for the TV volume scale to appear on the screen.when it did,I hit the ok button and it locked that code in and worked fine ever since.it took about 5 tries going slowly until I figured it out but it worked

0 Kudos

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Model 3810x streaming stick+

Serial #YYH00c8887193

Software 10.0 build 4195-50

Device ID c1384c887193

Samsung Tv

wmmcf
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Done that Danny and still no reply or fix. Great CS.

wmmcf
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Perhaps a real fix from the brain trusts at Roku?

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing an issue with your Roku remote not able to control volume and power, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-remote model (Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remotes > select the remote > About > Model)
-TV brand and model number

If you have already provided us with the information we have requested after updating your device, we have passed along the information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Sent all the info and still no reply or fix.

0 Kudos
Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Excuse me WCMMF, but obviously you've mistaken Danny-R and the Roku brain trust with someone who gives a #$%^&. You can check Dany-R's profile, and those of other forum administrators, and see they are quite active answering all questions EXCEPT those that apply to this problem.

BWhit

Jump to solution

3810x Roku Streaming Stick +

software version 10.0 build 4195-50

device I’d 2159DD192925

TV is Sharp

I have tried everything and the system says all software is up to date. Now what?

Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

BWhit asks "Now what?"

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."--Dante

thydot

Jump to solution

I have discovered that if I hold my Roku power button down for about 5 seconds it then works.

0 Kudos