Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CBM1
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Model: 3800X Roku Streaming Stick

Serial #: YF001K991907

Device ID: CT38A1991907

Software: 10.0.0, build 4200-55

TV: Visio, E470VLE

I am able to control TV on/off using voice command, but not volume. Power button and volume control buttons not functioning on new Voice Remote Pro. Older Roku Voice Remote works perfectly for all functions. I look forward to a solution. Thank you.

Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

After all that, I did a chat session with Roku. That person was clueless about any emails Roku sent out announcing an update and said the Build I had was the latest greatest. Well, actually she said Build 4a98 was the latest because I had a typo in what I had told her I had. Anyway, I just checked again, and low and behold, there is a new build available! So I installed it, did all the steps to pair it with my TV, and . . . nothing. I don't know what the update did, but it didn't fix my problem.

Great job, Roku!

deweyswak
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

agree. I 'may' have solved my problem (had to reset a few of my electrical outlets so the new Remote Pro is now charging. Not too happy that it takes hours to charge or that I have to do this apparently every few weeks. My old battery powered remote works just fine.

Aqr4808

Jump to solution

I’m still having this problem. My Roku is up to date. 

remote model # RC127 voice remote

Roku device model # 3800X roku streaming stick

serial # YF0089317181

device ID CT3898317181

software ver 10.0.0 build 4195-55

tv brand Insignia

model # NS-39E400NA14

marty42

Jump to solution

Roku Model 3800X Roku Streaming Stick

Serial number YF00GY626895

Software Version 10.0.0 build 4195-55

Device ID CT37DG 626895

TV Pyle PTVLED18

bjoyner

Jump to solution

I was able to update one remote and tv but not another. 

TV - Sharp

Model: 3921RW - Roku Premiere +
Serial number: YH004Y293193(JG2894293193)

Software version: 10.0.0  build 4205-91

Issue ID 93-230-557

Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Has anyone heard anything from Roku? Any updates? Any apologies for the inconveniences? Any reason why we can't re-install a version of the OS that worked for us? Any evidence that anyone at Roku is monitoring this thread? Anything other than RokuAustin's "Mission Accomplished" on May 19? 

bper
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote has stopped controlling TV power and volume

Jump to solution

I am also having this problem, but with an interesting twist that I am not sure if it is a defective remote or other. After trying everything listed here I am not able to do a search on the TV brand and cannot find any information on this problem. As soon as I enter a letter it comes up and says it cannot find this TV. I have a sharp aquos and it does not find sharp or even s. It does not find any kind of TV brand I put in or give me a choice of TV's. The remote does power off and on the TV, but stopped controlling the sound or mute buttons a couple months ago. Any ides what I should do next? I cannot get beyond the TV search. I have replaced the batteries and re-paired the remote also.  I still am not able to do a TV search. Roku info below.

Model - 3600X

Serial Number 5S56AT610652

Software Version - 10.0.0 Build 4205-24

Updated 12 hours 17 minutes ago

Sharp Aquos TV

0 Kudos
MRacho
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just updated software this morning and was able to pair my remote again 

Old-Bill
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

MRacho,

Glad to hear it worked for you. I've been wondering--is the system working for "smart TVs" but not for folks with older models?

Thanks,

OldBill

0 Kudos