Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VAR
Roku Guru

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Model: 3920 RW Roku Premiere 

SN: YH009L021589

new voice remote: RC 399

software version: 10.0.0 build 4195-91

device I’d JF2889022589

0 Kudos
Jakethesnake70
Reel Rookie

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

I still see volume and power issues at times. It will change volume like a few times but then stops and you have to keep trying.  Samsung TV. 

VAR
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Add a Vizio TV ( not recognized)Add a Vizio TV ( not recognized)

0 Kudos
Rgullans

Jump to solution

Model 3800x

ID 60-220-567

Software 10.0.0

build 4200-55

tv. Insignia NS-RC02A-12

0 Kudos
Contej

Jump to solution

Visio eco 1080P

voice remote rc339  2.01.19.108

0 Kudos
Contej

Jump to solution

Visio Eco 1080P

roku 3810X stick with

voice remote model rc339

software 10.0.0

build 4198-50

ID c1392h348569

0 Kudos
JCLloyd
Binge Watcher

Re[ ARC? ]: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update?

Jump to solution

Monday, the Roku engineer spent a fair amount of time troubleshooting with me.  We made some findings, but no progress on my particular issue.  He needed to consult with others in Roku.  

The Roku units (now) only work when connected directly to HDMI-1 on my TV, which is the only port that supports ARC (Audio Return Channel).  The issue presents itself on the other HDMI ports, which I usually don't use.  However, it is not practical for my home theater configuration to run the Roku through the monitor's HDMI-1 port and route its S/PDIF audio back to the receiver.  I'd have to use two HDMI splitters and leave the monitor on when I run the projector.

Since 2021-05-19, my older Sony receiver is no longer recognized as a valid device for the infrared controls, even though they were working for 3 years prior to that date.  The Sony supports ARC from its video out to the monitor, and everything was working from 2018-05.  I am presuming that ARC is not the issue.  I also made some changes in the receiver that did not make any difference.

Whatever happened that affected my environment on 2021-05-19, it seems to resemble a database change that has removed support for some infrared controls on devices or functions.  My Harmony still does its thing without issue.  Since Logitech has discontinued its Harmony line, I was hoping to switch to the Roku remote. The new Pro remote was awesome, for the 4 weeks I owned it prior to the infrared controls failing. Now, no Roku remotes seem to work for me, and it appears the Pro remote is going back.  

AlexGreat
Channel Surfer

Re: Re[ ARC? ]: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update?

Jump to solution

When i used roku, i only used it on ARC port. When it stopped working with upgrade 10.0, it was on the ARC port. I agree with you that some DB with remote control codes got deleted, and is no longer available. I have a problem understanding how roku is not taking this seriously for the thousands of customers it is impacting, and is trying to sweep it under the rug.

Jump to solution

Performed update still no power and volume functioning.

model 3810X-Roku streaming stick+
serial #YH008R627605

software 10.0.0, build 4198-50

device ID: 2139C8627605

remote model:RC461

firmware version 2.01.19.108

please let me know how to fix at d48schneider@gmail.com.

Baxa
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have a Sharp TV and settings would not allow me to set a Sharp TV code for the remote...However someone last week suggested that a Hisense code might work for Sharp TVs...

well I tried that today and it worked!...I now have both volume and power buttons working correctly!...

I never knew it but is seems Hisense and Sharp had merged a few years ago...So this makes sense...