Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kbingham

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

That has worked for us. Thank you!

0 Kudos
kse

Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Don't I need to be able to turn on the tv and use the remote to navigate to settings, etc.? How do I do this if the remote won't power the tv? We've done the "unplug, wait, power, on plug in..." Still nothing. Help, please!

kse

Jump to solution

Can't get tv to turn on to navigate to settings, etc.

TV Visio

Serial Number 45LBPFVNMV11974

Model D43fx-F4

Version 4.61.31-1

Model group 155

Bigdog9059

Jump to solution

Remote is no longer working for the power button or volume controls.

Roku Ultra model 4660X

Software version 10.0.0

Jeriddian

Jump to solution

I have a ROKU streaming stick and a SONY Bravia XBR 65x900a, which is an eight year old unit. The update shut down my volume control and ability to turn the TV off and on. This is what worked for me. When resetting the remote, it gives you no choice as to what TV to choose. It only says it is trying 'type 1'. Then it asks if the music is playing. You must answer "NO", even if music is playing. Then it says it is trying 'type 2' and asks again if the music is playing. This time I answered "YES", and then "YES" to when the music stopped playing. Then it said the remote was set. This time, all the controls worked.

0 Kudos
Timler63
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have contacted support twice, reset my remote 5 times, checked for software updates.  

I have come to the conclusion that Roku has no intention of addressing this issue.  Bad form Roku.  Bad Form.

Steve108
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My remote was not responsive to the recommended changes and latest software update,  still limited functionality with no volume or on/off controls. 
model - 3810 RW

serial - YH006V556443

device ID - C237C6556443

software version - 10.0.0 - build 4198-50

TV brand/model - Sharp LC-65Q620U

Lpoulos1021
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Performed update and still not working 

sharp tv LC-50Q620U

Roku 3810X Roku Stream Stick+
Issue ID 11-203-928

software version 10.0.0 build 4198-50

SooperFlye
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My bad, I was referring to the NEW Roku Voice Remote PRO. It's brand new on the market & I'm unable to turn the TV ON/OFF.

0 Kudos
SooperFlye
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

THIS IS AN UPDATE TO MY ORIGINAL POST: ID 00-203-927 (Time stamp: 5/22/21; 14:47:08z)

RE: NEW Roku Voice Remote PRO.

I updated the software per Roku instructions, however, still unable to turn TV ON or OFF. I forgot to include the above ID in my original post.

-Roku Device Model
3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

-Serial Number
YH00EX538200

-Device ID
C137AE538200

-Software OS/version
10.0.0 - build 4198-50

-TV Brand + Model Number
TCL - LE32HDE5310TA