Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kilosyd

Two remotes possibly registering as one?

So I recently bought a onn Roku tv when my previous Samsung smart tv broke. I had a plug in Roku on the Samsung so I had a Roku pro controller with voice. When I bought the new tv it came with a built in simple remote. I went ahead and paired my pro remote to the new tv so that me and my wife could have our each own remotes. When I did so, the voice on the voice remote stopped working. I noticed in the (remotes & devices) section of the settings that both devices when the other device is disconnected ( i.e removing the batteries as listed in other Roku support articles) that each remote is listed as a voice remote. The simple remote obviously doesn’t have voice so I’ve begun to believe maybe the simple remote is being listed as a voice remote and messing with the ability to register the pro remotes voice. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Two remotes possibly registering as one?

Hi @Kilosyd,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with the Roku voice remote since it stopped on working. We're happy to assist you further. Please check out this support article here on how to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos