Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
txazgal1
Channel Surfer

Re: TV volume changes on its own with Roku ultra and 4K streaming sticks

I first noticed this issue around the first week in January of this year, It occurs spontaneously without me even touching the remote. It has never been a problem before.

I'm not sure what you mean by "occasionally" and "intermittent". Those two words mean pretty much the same thing to me.  I first put this remote into service about 7/1/21., at the same time I put the streaming device into service.

I've tried restarting the system a few times, but I can only correct the volume level by exiting the program I am watching or by using the back arrow to rewind. Using the volume up and down buttons won't change the volume levels.

I hope this is the information you need.

RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @txazgal1,

We appreciate you providing these details here in the Roku Community!

We'll be glad to assist with your problem with volume that changes on its own. Please try unplugging your Roku Ultra from the power outlet and changing the HDMI cord to a different port on your TV. Since your system is already up-to-date, kindly try adjusting the volume mode too. You can turn it off or turn leveling on and see which fixes the issue. Also, please check if there are stuck buttons on your Roku remote.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
txazgal1
Channel Surfer

I have restarted my Roku device both by unplugging it and plugging it back in and by using Restart in the Settings Menu,  I've tried this several times; neither has corrected the problem,

I also tried changing the HD port; that didn't help either.

My device, a Roku LT (4662RW) does not have a "volume mode" under Audio in Settings.  It has audio mode, which lists Stereo and Auto Stereo. Auto Stereo is currently selected.   I could not find any reference to Levelling anywhere in settings  Under Preferred Streaming Format were listed Auto, Dolby and DTS.  DTS is selected.

Of course, there are NO stuck buttons on the remote.

As I stated in my last post, this issue did not occur until the first week in January, and coincidentally the last software update to my system was on 1/5/2024, about the time all that extra junk appeared on the Home Screen.  I'm at a loss as to what to try next unless you would advise changing the audio settings I noted above.

I trust someone will be getting back to me with some useful suggestions. However it is my opinion that the most recent software update is causing this issue.

0 Kudos
Citten27

I'm very frustrated with my Roku 's.  This has been happening for years.  Check back there are MANY complaints.  Never a fix always asking for more info.  This is crazy.  Please advise i hate waking up my family because the volume suddenly comes back on its super loud.  It happens on all of my Roku's.  I like Roku but i will switch if you can't fix it.  Please help

Heartwood
Channel Surfer

Agree. I found out people here who offer help are not even employed by Roku. Just another forum with folks who think they know how to fix issues. But it’s a program issue. Roku better wake up before they lose a lot of customers. When I reported the volume issue, they actually want personal info from me and asked me things like is there something stuck in the remote. SMH. Good luck everyone, looking into fire stick next. 

0 Kudos

What is the solution to this problem?  We have a 4K ultra and the volume reduces for some content as well.

Plus, the ads on the Roku Channel are 2-3 times LOUDER than the movie sound, consistently.  Even tried leveling the sound and your ads are easily twice the volume level of the movie.  Tried watching Sully yesterday and this morning, both times YOUR ADS WERE MUCH LOUDER THAN THE SHOW.  

0 Kudos
Heartwood
Channel Surfer

I haven’t been provided a solution yet. This forum is non Roku employees who can’t help other then telling me I’ve got food in my remote causing it to increase and decrease the volume. Or did I reboot l, restart, stand on my head. They even tried asking me for personal info. All hogwash. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having problems with the volume changes on your Roku device. We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Kindly provide us with the following information:

1. Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  3. Tracker ID. When you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID.
  4. Troubleshooting steps you have taken to try to resolve the issue.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Heartwood
Channel Surfer

No disrespect Eunice, but I already posted that information in January. I’m sure you’re a good person but since no one here actually works for Roku, you’re wasting my time. Good day to you.

Albert62

I am having major volume issues, it will max out on its own or go so low its seems mute. On many occasions it would actually get so loud it sound like my speakers blew out, I had no issues till just about almost six months to a year now, it's so aggravating, also resume is not functioning properly either, when the volume messes up I back out of it then go to resume and it starts at the beginning of the movie again.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.