Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FCDavisfan

TV only displays 3 pictures of Roku remote

I only use my TV for Roku. While I was watching a show, the TV display suddenly switched to three side-by-side pictures of a Roku remote with the battery compartment open and two green lights that aren't on my remote. I changed batteries, disconnected and reconnected the TV and Roku streaming stick, and finally bought a new remote, Nothing helps. Whenever I turn on the TV, it's locked on those 3 pictures of the remote. I can't get to Settings or Home or anything else. Any idea what the problem could be? The TV and the streaming stick are both several years old.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: TV only displays 3 pictures of Roku remote

Hi @FCDavisfan

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about the issue you are seeing. Could you send us a screenshot of the display issue on your screen? Can you also confirm, what Roku remote you have, a simple or voice remote? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

Keep us posted with the details. 

Regards. 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Justbill
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem changed batteries disconnected everything plug all back in goes back to the picture of 3 remotes won’t go past it 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Justbill, it's trying to show you how to pair your remote.  Does your remote have a button in the battery compartment?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Justbill

Welcome to your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for reaching us. We'd like to know more on how we can help.

What Roku device and remote are you using right now? Also, can you send us an image of the display issue on your screen?

Keep us posted. We'll look forward to your response!

All the best, Kash 

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.