Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noclick

Stop remote clicking noise

Is there a Roku remote that does not make the clicking noise when you press the buttons?

11 REPLIES 11
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Stop remote clicking noise

You mean the sound that comes from the TV speakers when you press a button?  You can turn it off under Settings->Audio->Menu volume.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Noclick

No, but thank you. The remote control's design has a click when a button is pressed. I'm hoping there's a no click noise alternative remote I can buy 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I guess I never really noticed it.  Roku only makes three remotes now and they're pretty much all the same as far as the buttons go.  I think the older remotes "click" wasn't as noticeable or maybe it just fades over time.  You could try a universal remote (assuming you don't have a stick) or use the Roku app on your phone/tablet as a remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
GG2
Reel Rookie

The steps given works!

kathi
Channel Surfer

Thanks, short but sweet!

Aee86

Use roku app on your phone

0 Kudos
Hayes96

Your best option is to download the Roku remote app. That cancles all the noise and you can listen to your tv privately without waking anyone.

0 Kudos
sherieo

Thank you! The instructions were short, to the point, and easy to follow. 

0 Kudos
Jllogan111

My remote, the actual ROKU remote, not an Amazon FireStick.  I tried this on my son's Fire Stick and it worked.  There is No audio option for my Roku remote, other than the setting of Sound Mode, in which sound you choose which sound you wish to use,  such as Theater or High Treble.  Any fixes for this remote? 

0 Kudos