Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Loonsailor

Is remote pairing persistent without batteries?

I just put together a “travel roku” kit with a 3600 stick and a new voice remote RCA1R.  I’d like to remove the batteries from the remote when I’m not traveling, in order to not risk battery leak damage or excessive battery drain if a remote button is accidentally depressed in the travel case.  My question is, if I store the remote sans battery, potentially for months at a time, will I need to re-pair it with the stick?  Not sure what kind of non-volatile memory is used in the remote (or in the stick?).

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is remote pairing persistent without batteries?

@Loonsailor-

I do just that with a SS 3600 and it doesn't seem to lose its pairing.  Most of the time we just use this one week a year at our timeshare.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos