Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Randmarz

Samsung qn90 power and volume with Roku remote

Jump to solution

So my buddy said to improve the picture quality of streaming apps I should use a hardwired platform/Roku ultra. I have tried all the Samsung codes and it does allow for the Roku up to turn on and off the TV or control the volume.so it's kind of annoying to use two different remotes; feels like we're back in the early 2000s again. Please help. Thanks 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Samsung qn90 power and volume with Roku remote

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Randmarz!

We appreciate you reaching out for support and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We'd be happy to provide further information about this. 

After setting up the correct HDMI input using your Samsung remote, you need to pair your Roku remote to your Roku Ultra to be able to navigate your TV. In this case, if you are having trouble utilizing the Volume and Power buttons on your Roku remote, we have a support article dedicated to this: Why is my Roku remote not controlling power and volume on my TV?

Congratulations on your new Roku Ultra! Happy Streaming.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Samsung qn90 power and volume with Roku remote

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @Randmarz!

We appreciate you reaching out for support and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We'd be happy to provide further information about this. 

After setting up the correct HDMI input using your Samsung remote, you need to pair your Roku remote to your Roku Ultra to be able to navigate your TV. In this case, if you are having trouble utilizing the Volume and Power buttons on your Roku remote, we have a support article dedicated to this: Why is my Roku remote not controlling power and volume on my TV?

Congratulations on your new Roku Ultra! Happy Streaming.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos