Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HPDeskjet
Binge Watcher

Roku volume control, out of control

I have the same problem when using my Roku Voice Remote with my 4K Dolby Vision stick.  The remote, mostly when pressing the reduce volume button, decides to increase the volume at a ridiculous speed to thoroughly unaccceptable volume levels.  It ignores any attempt to reduce the volume, it will just increase it when the lower volume button is pressed.  After a few seconds of this highly irritating behaviour, it returns to working as it should.  I had this behaviour on my last 4K Voice Remote when using it with the same 4K Dolby Vision stick and replaced the remote because of this.  It cannot be a faulty volume rocker switch, as both remotes have the same problem.  I suspect shoddily written software from Roku that needs to be resolved in a firmeare update for the voice remote that comes with the 4K Dolby Vision stick.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku volume control, out of control

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @HPDeskjet!

We understand you're having issues with the volume levels and the button functioning for your Roku remote, and we'd be more than happy to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you. 

Reboot your Roku device - navigate to your Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart

Reset your Roku Voice Remote:

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  3. Re-insert the negative (-) end of a battery first and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place
  4. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery
  5. Put the battery cover back on your remote

Nevertheless, no worries! We'd be more than happy to forward your feedback to the team. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.