Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Melglz07
Reel Rookie

Roku voice remote won’t pair to TLC Roku Tv

Spoiler

I bought a Roku tv and received 2 remotes and neither of them work. Since they don’t work I can’t pair my tv to the internet or do anything. Using the back buttons I can put the tv into remote pairing mode. I can’t get either of the controllers to pair. I bought new batteries for both. When I use the remotes pairing button and put the tv into pairing mode I’ll get a pop up that says signaling remotes and then pairing remote. The pairing remote pop up then disappears and it just says signaling remotes and the remote won’t connect.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku voice remote won’t pair to TLC Roku Tv

Personally, I'd take the TV back.  It's possible that the Wi-Fi hardware isn't working in which case you'll never get a remote to pair.   You can try a universal remote that supports Roku TVs, a replacement IR remote from TCL, or the Roku remote for Roku TVs:  Roku TV Remote | Replacement Remote For Roku TV | Roku

If you can get to setting up the Wi-Fi connection you may be able to tell if the TV's Wi-Fi hardware is functional.  Another option is available if the TV has an Ethernet port.  Connect it to your router and you should (may?) be able to use the Roku mobile app to set it up.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Melglz07
Reel Rookie

I was able to connect an Ethernet cable and then set it up to our wireless internet using the Roku app. But the remotes still won’t pair. It says pairing remote but the remote doesn’t pair and it keeps signaling remotes. I’ll probably just use the Roku app from now on.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Melglz07  I'm glad you got it working!  I can't believe you have two bad remotes, but I suppose it's possible.  The remotes connect via Wi-Fi direct, so if the TV can connect via Wi-Fi then the hardware must be working.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.