Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PineappleBum
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku ultra remote blinking green and battery icon popping up on tv every few seconds.

I'm having an identical issue. It only started happening 2 or 3 weeks ago, and I've had my device for years. Did all the the resets, new batteries,and repairs etc but no fix. Exactly like the others, the controller popup appears on the screen, showing that it is connected and fully charged. The remote then works for a few seconds, then stops. Then the controller popup appears on screen again, showing it is connected and fully charged, works for a few seconds, then stops. This continues, until the batteries are finally drained. The fact that so many others are only recently having this problem makes me think there has been a software update maybe? How can I get this resolved please? No point paying for a device I can't control. Thanks

0 Kudos
rdcrds4
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku ultra remote blinking green and battery icon popping up on tv every few seconds.

Like you i have the same problem but with the remote pro that has re chargeable batteries and i have done like you all the resets. I have a samsung smart tv and i really do not like using it. I agree this has to be something to do with them but i get the drill of reset reset factory reset and waste hours of time. I really wish they would at least check this once a day as you posted this 12 hours ago and yet no reply.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @PineappleBum @rdcrds4

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If the issue persists from your device after attempting the suggestions above by @RokuLianna, we'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device that is paired with the remote?

Please keep us posted with the detail.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Ram1500
Channel Surfer

SN: SODA22966TD5

Model: 4802X

rechargeable voice remote came with it

0 Kudos
rdcrds4
Channel Surfer

Model 4802RW serial number is X0100000EUH6 software version 11.5.0

Device ID SODC2290EUH6

Now i have spent 3 days on this 3!!! it is the remote.  charged it again for 4 hours like i was told i did a hard reset etc and it still does this. Are we going to try everything for weeks and weeks?

Its not even a month old. You can't change the battery on these or maybe that would work!

0 Kudos
PineappleBum
Reel Rookie

Model: 3810X

SN: 233163202553

The remote has literally this morning just burned through its second brand new set of batteries in a week.....

0 Kudos
rdcrds4
Channel Surfer

i used chat on here and they're sending me a new remote. Not on this part but on roku.com and open chat support.

0 Kudos
Rebekah52

Roku is trying to add hands free commands like Siri and Alexa. To do this there is a switch on the left side of the remote; when “on” it appears to keep the Roku on and the remote trying to communicate on speech command. I turned this off, the screen message disappeared, the green light quit blinking.  For fun I flipped the switch back on and I still didn’t get either of the latter scenarios. I did not try to speak or press the little link button on the back. Try this, see if it works for you.

0 Kudos
Ginger02

I have unplugged device from TV. Light goes out. When hit home light starts back blinking. New batteries are in

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ginger02,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos