Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FlipRobinson
Reel Rookie

Roku ultra and stick remotes not turning TV on/off

I have one Roku Ultra connected to a Samsung TV. The box remote would turn it on/off and manage volume with no issues but that remote would no longer charge. The replacement remote will manage volume but not turn the TV on or off as of about 2 weeks ago...it initially did work correctly.

I also have a Roku 4K stick I just connected to a Vizio TV two days ago. It was previously connected to a Samsung with no issues. It will manage volume for the Vizio but will only turn the TV off if I use the TV remote to turn it on.

Any suggestions? All of this started very recently.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku ultra and stick remotes not turning TV on/off

Your tv brand may have more than one set of IR control codes. Try setting this up again, but this time lie to it when the music stops so that it goes on to test the next set of command codes. Repeat until you find one that controls both the volume and the power on the tv.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
FlipRobinson
Reel Rookie

Thank you, @makaiguy. I wondered if that was the case but telling the system I couldn’t hear music while it was playing didn’t work. I will be a bit more patient and wait until it stops to see what it asks then.

0 Kudos
FlipRobinson
Reel Rookie

@makaiguy the music just continuously cycles and there aren’t any options to input another code  when I tell it the music isn’t playing.

I did try selecting several other TV brands and they all have the same effect…volume works but power does not.

0 Kudos