Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonL1
Binge Watcher

Roku ultra 4802 remote smells like electrical burning right from opening the box

My remote has a horrible smell,  right from opening the box.  (Before charging) .... I chatted with support and they said to return to Amazon.  

I've also read on reddit forums of similar complaints. I wonder if amazon has gotten a bad batch.  I am returning my unit but am waiting for the replacement. 

I would like to know if this is an actual common problem with the 4802 remote.   The unit itself is fine. Just the remote. 

Maybe one from Walmart would be better. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RonL1
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku ultra 4802 remote smells like electrical burning right from opening the box

Also, the model is a 4802x

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku ultra 4802 remote smells like electrical burning right from opening the box

That's why the Post Office doesn't want you to ship devices with that type of rechargeable batteries, fire hazard. Yes, I would go to Walmart for a replacement, do not bother with the old remote anymore. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Tivoburkee

I own 6 of the Rechargeable Voice Pro remotes myself, never had any troubles with burning order.

IMG_20220705_213555071.jpg

Edmund

RonL1
Binge Watcher

I've never seen one's that have color.  But it's good to know they exist that don't smell.  Where did you purchase them ?  Online ?  Walmart, amazon, best buy ?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

No, those are covers sold separately on amazon:

Amazon.com: [3Pcs] Case for Roku Voice Remote Pro 2021(Only for 2021 Released), Anti Slip|Shockproof...

I also bought white one by itself:

Amazon.com: Glow White Remote Cover Replacement for Roku Voice Remote 2021, Silicone Sleeve with Lan...

Edmund

0 Kudos
DJ1111
Channel Surfer

@Tivoburkee 

I don't think they were asking about your cases. I think they were asking where you got your remotes without the strong electronics oder that we're experiencing.

0 Kudos