Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hancjod
Reel Rookie

Roku stick 4k not working

I bought an ONN projector that had a Roku stick already in it. In the process of moving I lost the stick. I bought a new Roku 4k stick to use. It worked for one night. The next day the screen turned on and went to the roku home-screen but the remote would not work. I did a hard reset on the stick and the remote several times. However, the remote is not connecting and will not leave the pairing screen. I have tried removing the batteries ect that is recommended. I am unsuccessful. The stick flashes red once and then white flashes after when I push the reset button on it. How can I fix this? Could it be a remote issue? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku stick 4k not working

Does the pairing light on the remote flash when you press and hold the pairing button in the battery compartment?  Don't assume the batteries that were supplied with the remote are any good.  Try a fresh set of batteries.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
hancjod
Reel Rookie

The light is indeed flashing. That’s why I’m confused. The remote appears to be operational. It’s just not connecting with the stick. It will not leave the “pair the remote” screen.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Are you using the original usb cable with the bump? It is what the Roku wifi remote is communicating with, not the Roku stick itself. It might be bad long-range wireless receiver?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos