Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karadesiree
Reel Rookie

Roku screen won't stop scrolling when remote is pointed at it

Hi, hello. my roku keeps scrolling by itself after changing batterys, resetting, and pulling the plug. ive tried eveyrthing.. what do i do

14 REPLIES 14
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku screen won't stop scrolling when remote is pointed at it

Hi @karadesiree 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you provide us with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote? This can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
karadesiree
Reel Rookie

S006307CWRXY

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@karadesiree 

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they will be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mshapiro2

Same!  This is very frustrating as I have done everything and it still won't stop scrolling.  I feel helpless not being able to contact anyone.  

It's not the batteries. I've unplugged and plugged.  There are no other remotes in the room except for the TV.  How do I get help?  Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hey @mshapiro2

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. This can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
VS3

I just bought this Roku stick tonight and as soon as it was set up, the remote began wigging out! It would not stop scrolling up or down or left or right. I have a Roku stick and remote upstairs and that one has been around for 3 years. The sticks are fine... the remotes are not great. The 3-year old Roku stick is on its 3rd remote. The original one overheated... the first replacement just stopped working. Considering I just set up this new stick and remote tonight, I am beyond disappointed in the quality of the remote controls. I am returning the second Roku stick to Best Buy tomorrow after work. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Greetings @VS3 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku remote.

If you take out the batteries in your remote, do you still see the scrolling issue occur? Have you already tried checking for a stuck/lodged button on your Roku device?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tularockstar
Channel Surfer

I bought my 5G Roku stick less than a month ago, and it's doing the same thing many have posted here.  I've changed the batteries and rebooted the stick many times, and it's still scrolling by itself.  And, no the buttons are NOT stuck!  I have never had any issues with the regular (2.4g) Roku modules.  Very frustrating and nothing seems to work.  

MB2005

I am having the same issue with my Roku system, when I try to channel up or down it continues to go. I have to pull the batteries out to stop it.  I have had the system for about a month.  The buttons are not sticking. I have pulled the batteries and unplug the stick to no avail.   Here is my stick number 3820RW2 and the system SN is S0JC32CC8VEU.

How can I fix this issue.  

[personal information removed]