Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zaay27
Reel Rookie

Roku remote won’t pair to Sharp Tv “not Roku tv”

I have a Roku ultra and a regular sharp smart tv, not a Roku tv.

My Roku remote was dead for months. When I finally decided to put new batteries in it, I couldn’t get it to program to control my tv. Before the batteries died it was connected and functioning as designed, but now I’ve tried everything and can’t get it to pair

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Roku remote won’t pair to Sharp Tv “not Roku tv”

Remotes pair with Rokus but controlling TVs is just a matter of finding the right IR codeset. Did you go through setting up the remote with the Sharp brand codes? 

Of course, I'm assuming that the Sharp TV still works with its own remote (ie: its IR sensor is still working) and that you have a clear line of site between the TV IR sensor and the Roku remote.

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Zaay27 If the Sharp TV has a setting for consumer electronic control (CEC) try turning that on.  

0 Kudos
Zaay27
Reel Rookie

I couldn’t find that setting so I don’t believe it has that

0 Kudos
Zaay27
Reel Rookie

I made it up to about 40 before I gave up on the codes, it use to connect between 1 and 2. Factory remote still works and it is a clear line of sight. I even verified with the phone camera that the ir works

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@Zaay27  Try the codes for Hisense.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.