Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murielle
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote power and volume stopped working

Thank you for reaching out. This issue is baffling. There are 2 work tickets, 5546231 and 5546281 Don't know if those tickets mean anything.

The following is information I was asked to provide.

Roku software version 10.5.0

Build number 4208

Last updated date and time DECEMBER 10 @ 3:15 AM

Last Checked date and time APRIL 18 @ 6:43 PM

Share the serial number of the Roku device YH00E1120093

Share the issue ID by following the steps below:

Please navigate to the Roku home screen

On the home screen, press the home button on the remote 5 times and then press the back button on the remote 5 times quickly without a break

Share the issue ID displayed on the TV screen. ID 93-156-564+

Share the remote model printed inside the battery compartment. The remote model should start with "RC-"

THIS REMOTE MODEL DOES NOT START WITH RC

RF 342B - T5- 031 - 4

Share the make and model of the TV

VIZIO MODEL D43-D2

Navigate to Settings > Remote & devices > Remotes > Voice Remote (in use) > About and share the details below:

Firmware version  rtn.4158
Remote model      RC399

0 Kudos
Kremlar
Binge Watcher

Still having issues here with my Samsung TV, even after updating to version 11.  Going through the steps to setup my remote for TV control, it will not stop the music from playing.  

TV is a Samsung UN22F5000AF.  Worked fine until one of the Roku 10.x updates.

There is a long running thread here:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/UPDATE-Did-your-Roku-remote-lose-volume-and-TV-con...

Seems they didn't really fix the issue!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For clarification, was the remote controlling the TV power and volume previously working?

@murielle 
Did you already try re-pairing the remote to your TV to see if you are able to resolve the issue?

@Kremlar
Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-what troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try resolve the issue
-when was the last time that your Roku device remote was able to control the device

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kremlar
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R 

Yes, it was working fine then stopped after one of the 10.x updates.  Yes, I did try to re-run the configuration wizard countless times and it did not help.

I ended up purchasing a new remote off Amazon and, for the time being, it is working OK.

TV is a Samsung UN22F5000AF.  Roku model 4670x.

0 Kudos
Sodapop

I had the exact same issue this morning. After trying everything posted with no success I gave up. Since the power button on the remote won’t shut off the tv I went to the Home Screen to turn it off. Just out of curiosity I turned the Roku back on and the volume and mute functions were restored. Crazy! “Turn the power off and then back on” Who knew?

0 Kudos
AKDub

This just happened with my remote. Has worked fine controlling the TV power, volume and mute for about 2 years up until today. The remote still worked to control the roku functions but would not control the TV at all. After changing batteries, I tried everything roku recommends... reset remote with button next to batteries, reset the roku, unplug power cord to streaming stick, unplug stick from dcmi, all multiple times. The remote would pair but still no TV functions. Went through the process of "set up remote for TV control" with the music and all 50 codes more than once and still not working. Finally tried the actual TV remote (which we never use since buying the roku) and it wouldn't control the TV either. Hmm. I unplugged the TV for 5 seconds, plugged it back in and now TV remote and roku remote are working fine. Go figure. Hope this will help someone else. 

0 Kudos