Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Merickson92
Reel Rookie

Roku remote not staying paired

I have a Roku purchased in 2021, remote has worked fine until recently. Now, it will re-pair with Roku but it will not stay paired after 10-15 minutes and I have to re-pair. It has also been consuming batteries at a fast rate as well. What else can I do? 

model: RC-FA1

thank you

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote not staying paired

Hello! @Merickson92,

A heartfelt welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku remote. We're pleased to assist.

• What Roku device are you using right now?
  • Is this the original remote coming from the box?
  • Have you tried replacing the batteries with a new matching pair and testing again?

Follow the instructions below to manually check for software and app updates.

1. Press Home  on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Software update
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates

If there is new software available or there are updates for your apps, then your Roku device will download and install them automatically and once completed, your device will reboot.

For more detailed information about fixing Roku remotes, visit our Support page here: How to fix your Roku voice or a simple remote that is not working

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Merickson92
Reel Rookie

Good evening, 

I purchased the Roku streaming stick, and it is the remote that came with the stick when I purchased it. I’ve changed batteries, paired and repaired, and it just will not work. It has been all updated with the correct updates. This is a Roku voice remote, not the simple remote. 
I’ve also gone through all of Roku’s troubleshooting for voice remotes not working and have not had any success. 

thanks, 

merickson

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Merickson92,

Thanks for the update,

When using a Roku Streaming Stick that can be connected directly to an HDMI port on your TV, wireless interference from the HDMI connector may impact the performance of your remote. If you are troubleshooting a Roku Streaming Stick, move it away from the HDMI connector on your TV by installing a free extension cable

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

I've had remote issues with my Roku Sticks and I already have it connected to HDMI Extender cables. Also those extenders should be included in the Roku packaging with the stick since they are free. You should not have to go to an order page and type in your serial number to get a free extender sent to you. Just include it in the packaging like Fire TV Sticks do.

0 Kudos
Merickson92
Reel Rookie

I’ve had this remote and stick since 2021 and had zero issues until now. I’ve even taken the remote and pointed it right at the stick and it will not work. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.