Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helpmenowfudge
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote no longer controls tv

Thanks but that doesn't work.  I don't even have the option to "forget remote".

This is the original remote that came with the package.  It worked perfectly and then all of a sudden it stopped controlling tv. 

The remote works on the roku stick.  I can navigate the tiles on the roku but like I said in the original post......it no longer controls the volume, mute, voice control, and power on/off of the TV only. 

Anyone else?

0 Kudos
LTExpress

I have exactly the same problem. After 2 yrs. yesterday it stopped controlling volume and on/off. I have a  top of the line Sony 65'XBR Bravia. The Sony Remote wont turn it on//off either. So now I have to unplug roku to turn it off. Navigates channels fine and apps work. This is crazy. Please... more help. I went thru their codes 5x and there is not a match. whats up with that. Did Roku and Sony have a fight? I lost spectrum for a while when roku and spectrum had a spat. Could this be it?? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@LTExpress, when you say, "The Sony Remote wont turn it on//off either" are you speaking of the TV (Roku devices don't turn off even if there's a power button on the Roku remote)?  If the Sony remote won't turn the TV off then there's something wrong with the TV or both the Sony remote and Roku remote have failed.  Just last week my Samsung TV stopped responding to all remotes.  Rapping on the TV where I suspected the IR receiver to be fixed it (for now).

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@LTExpress 

Do you have some kind of repeater system in place so you can control devices from another room? This could be putting off junk signals bombarding the IR sensors? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
acebugner

I had the same issue and found a very simple fix. Without forgetting the remote, simply go to Setting, Remotes & Devices, Remotes, then click on Add Devices or Add Remote, follow the steps to add your remote. It will add it as a second remote and give you the options to select the TV and test it. Once you are done and everything works, you will see Remote 1 and Remote 2 under remotes. Go to Remote 1, you will then see the forget Remote. Choose forget and your Remote 2 will become just Remote and everything will be back to normal.

john5779

This method works. Thank you!!!

0 Kudos