Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bonniebelle2027
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote made a ing noise and jolted in my hand. It's working but I'm scared. What just ha...

My remote made a popping noise and jolted. The batteries were new, but when I checked them they were wet, so I changed them and dried out the inside of the remote. Should I be concerned?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote made a ing noise and jolted in my hand. It's working but I'm scared. What just ha...

Hi @Bonniebelle2027,

Congrats on your first post here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this, and we'd like to help. Would you be so kind as to provide your Roku remote's Roku streaming device information? (All these can be found on Settings > System > About). In addition, could you please tell us what kind of Roku remote do you have that has the issue?

Your response would be much appreciated so that we could assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bonniebelle2027
Reel Rookie

Model- 3941X Roku express 4k+

Serial #- X01600F4KF48

Voice remote model RC786

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.