Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hiegear
Reel Rookie

Roku remote keeps turning TV on and off when I try to turn TV on.

I have to do the same. Hit power then quickly under a pillow. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TMacie
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku remote keeps turning TV on and off when I try to turn TV on.

I hadn’t been back to confirm, but using a usb power adapter in a power outlet rather than the tv USB port 100% solves this issue and the Roku boots much faster.

0 Kudos
vinny65

I used the camera on my smartphone (which can see IR) to watch the IR port on the roku remote and indeed it continuously sends the power off/on signal as if someone keeps hitting the power button.  The problem is with the remote itself, not the stick and definitely not the settings.  I thought there might be something sticky (soda?) on the buttons, so I took it apart and cleaned it (the remote) no change.  Just a goofed up logic circuit in the remote.  They should replace our remotes with ones without this defect.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome to the Roku Community, @vinny65.

Thank you for sharing your concern about the functions on your Roku remote. I'd be happy to suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you.

Before proceeding, kindly provide me with the following details so I can assess your concern better:

• Is this the remote that came with your Roku Streaming Stick? 
  • When did this initially start? Did this happen even before you just paired this to your Roku device?
  • The serial number of the Roku device this remote is currently paired to.

In the meantime, I highly recommend resetting this remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again to see if this will make any difference. 

I'll be looking forward to your response. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.