Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fishfan88
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote keeps losing tv power & volume controls

Weirdly, after about five straight weeks of working flawlessly, three days ago my Ultra remote suddenly started doing the bad thing again. Intermittently unresponsive to mute, volume up/down, and power on/off. I'm drifting closer to dumping this thing in the trash and just going with a Firecube, which has it's own issues with the hideous homepage, but at least the remotes work.

0 Kudos
Tjmdz6
Channel Surfer

Same for me. 5 weeks. They must’ve pushed an update that fixed it and have since reverted that change…

fishfan88
Reel Rookie

Yep. I agree.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the intermittent loss of TV power and volume control with your Roku device remote.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue for you, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • what brand and model TV you are connecting your Roku device to
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • when did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from each of you and assisting you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
theworm
Reel Rookie

Thanks @RokuDanny-R  - about how long until we know ?  This has been a daily battle after working for a long time correctly.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @theworm 

Thanks for the follow up regarding your remote controlling the TV power and volume. 

Can you please provide the requested information in my previous post? The appropriate Roku team will only be able to investigate the issue further with more information.

We look forward to hearing your response and receiving your device details.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
theworm
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R  I sent in this post

Do you need anything else?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @theworm 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • what brand and model TV you are connecting your Roku device to
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • when did you start seeing this issue occur

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
joeking23
Channel Surfer

Here's  report ID 

ID 2R-104-959

What can you do with that?

0 Kudos
mike234
Binge Watcher

Same here (5weeks)

Roku this is an embarrassment for you. Stop asking for serial numbers etc. and fix the problem. Your quality control and reputation is going down the drain. If your existing people can not get this under control -- find some who can.  Serial number etc are not need.  Results are!!!!!