Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kallison

Roku remote headphone jack not working on Roku (TCL) tv

I have a Roku Ultra remote that I am successfully using on a newer TCL Roku TV.  However I am trying to use the headphone feature on the remote and it does not work.  I plug in some headphones and the sound is still coming via the TV.  My TV audio settings are on 'auto.'  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku remote headphone jack not working on Roku (TCL) tv

Hi @kallison,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that the headphone input on your remote does not work. We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

Here are some steps that can help resolve the reported issue:

1. Check that your headphones are securely connected by removing and firmly inserting them.
  2. Make sure your headphones are working properly by listening to them while playing music from another app on your mobile device.
  3. Stop and resume the movie or TV show you are watching.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to use headphones with your Roku® voice remote for private listening | Official Roku Support

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lee_M

Re: Roku remote headphone jack not working

I also have the Ultra remote and had the same issue. There is nothing wrong with the headphones supplied. It appears to be a voltage issue related to the headphone circuit. I had what I thought were new batteries in the remote. I removed them and replaced with another set. The headphones are working normally now. Evidently this remote is sensitive to voltage-drop. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos