Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean3

Roku remote flashing green light

Jump to solution

last night as I was turning roku off, the green light on the remote started flashing, even though roku stick was unplugged. I had to take batteries out to stop it. Today w batteries back in, it was flashing green and homepage said pairing remote, several times and then still no controls responding. went thru all the suggestions for a simple (player) remote, including holding down back and home buttons at the same time, no dice. Replaced the batteries AGAIN and now light not flashing, no prompts about pairing device, and no controls responding

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku remote flashing green light

Jump to solution

It's possible the remote has failed. You can't use a basic IR remote, so you have to have one of the WiFi Direct remotes. I think the current voice remotes will work on your 3600, but consider this first. Your Roku Stick 3600 is now an eight year old model, regardless of when you actually acquired it. I have one but it's no longer in use. And it will most likely be in the next batch of older players that Roku will discontinue support for. And even if it remains supported for another couple of years, it's still old and nowhere near as powerful as any of the currently available players. Even the basic Express model, which is not 4k capable, is significantly improved over your model, and the Express 4K+ or the current Stick are even more capable, with support for 4K HDR (the Stick supports Dolby Vision); more memory, faster processor, and both come with a Voice Remote (that yours doesn't have). Considering you'd pay $20-30 for a new remote, that's most of the cost for a brand new player. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

It's possible the remote has failed. You can't use a basic IR remote, so you have to have one of the WiFi Direct remotes. I think the current voice remotes will work on your 3600, but consider this first. Your Roku Stick 3600 is now an eight year old model, regardless of when you actually acquired it. I have one but it's no longer in use. And it will most likely be in the next batch of older players that Roku will discontinue support for. And even if it remains supported for another couple of years, it's still old and nowhere near as powerful as any of the currently available players. Even the basic Express model, which is not 4k capable, is significantly improved over your model, and the Express 4K+ or the current Stick are even more capable, with support for 4K HDR (the Stick supports Dolby Vision); more memory, faster processor, and both come with a Voice Remote (that yours doesn't have). Considering you'd pay $20-30 for a new remote, that's most of the cost for a brand new player. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Dean3

Jump to solution

Yes, thanks, I am coming to terms with that - and I am considering replacing the whole setup

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.