Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku remote “Unable to hear you”

Is there a fix or not?

I liked this function, what happened? Did the current update create a bug? 

Why won't you just answer the questions 

I changed the batteries, re-paired, turned to TV off and on several times, unplugged the stick, unplugged the power, systems update, factory reset; and non of these worked. 

So, what should I try next? 

max_headless
Channel Surfer

Just buy a new remote. It’s evidently clear that Roku has no interest in fixing what’s broken.

Dorothy29

What is the fix for this problem, I have tried replacing the batteries, repairing the remote, changing tv’s. Power on/off etc.  the app remote on my iPad works just fine, it’s only the remote that doesn’t voice prompt feature that doesn’t work.

Dorothy29

Model 3941RX

software 11.5 build 4312-CR

issue ID K2-512-189

0 Kudos
SJMaye
Roku Guru

I have had this same issue for weeks.  This is a Roku Ultra 4661.  I have 2 identical model remotes pairs to this Roku.  One works fine, the responds to all voice commands with "unable to hear you".  I have tried re-pairing.  No luck.  The batteries show a charge of about 50%, but will try fresh pair and report back.

0 Kudos
SJMaye
Roku Guru

The batteries in the remote were rechargeable AAs shown at 50% charge.  I replaced them with a fresh set of alkaline AAs and now the remote accepts voice commands.

Doesn't make sense, but it works.