Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lizpop
Reel Rookie

Roku remote Home button has stopped working

Jump to solution

Roku remote was working fine yesterday.   Today I turned on the tv and the Roku remote Home button doesn't work.   All I see is the Roku wallpaper screen. Changed the batteries in the remote but that didn't solve the issue. 

Previous answers suggested pairing the remote again but that's not possible because the Home button isn't working.   There's no way to navigate past the wallpaper screen. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lizpop
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku remote Home button has stopped working

Jump to solution

Hi Carly

The issue is that the Home button isn't working so there's no way to advance past the wallpaper screen. 

Here's the solution that works:

With the TV on disconnect the power supply from the Roku

Take the batteries out of the remote 

Plug the power supply back into the Roku

When you see the Roku letters dancing on the TV screen insert the batteries back into the remote. 

Voilà! The Home button will now work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Lizpop!

We appreciate you reaching out for support and for letting us know about your concern. Rest assured that we will help you find the best resolution possible so you can get back on streaming and control your Roku streaming device.

Before proceeding, kindly provide us with additional information such as follows:

• Is this the only button not working or is your physical Roku remote not working at all?
  • What specific Roku device is this remote currently paired to? 
  • Is this the remote that came with this device? If not, what is the model of this remote?
  • Can you see any blinking lights when you try to press random buttons on your remote?

In the meantime, there is a way to reboot your remote by following the steps provided below:

If your voice remote uses standard AA or AAA alkaline batteries, you can reboot it by removing and reinstalling the batteries.

1. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote
  2. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  3. Re-insert the negative (-) end of a battery first and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place
  4. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery
  5. Put the battery cover back on your remote

If you have the Roku Voice Remote Pro which can be rebooted and paired by pressing the Back and Home buttons simultaneously, we can use the Roku mobile app to remove this remote and re-pair.

Using the mobile app, navigate to your Home screen and select Settings > Remotes & Devices > Add devices > Remote > Continue

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lizpop
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Carly

The issue is that the Home button isn't working so there's no way to advance past the wallpaper screen. 

Here's the solution that works:

With the TV on disconnect the power supply from the Roku

Take the batteries out of the remote 

Plug the power supply back into the Roku

When you see the Roku letters dancing on the TV screen insert the batteries back into the remote. 

Voilà! The Home button will now work.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Lizpop.

Thank you for sharing your resolution! This will help other users who are experiencing the same issue resolve it. 

Your patience and coordination are highly appreciated as we work on this. I hope you continue to have a Happy Streaming! 💜

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rmarkbinderman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When I unplug the ROKU box and disconnect its power cord the ROKU icons remain on the screen. Removing and replacing batteries does not turn off the screen.  ROKU icons still show after turning off the tv set and then turning it back on.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@rmarkbinderman, do you have a Roku device connected to a Roku TV?  Or a Roku Streambar?  Or two Roku devices?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rmarkbinderman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

None of the buttons on the remote work. 

I have two remotes.  Neither one works.

Roku Ultra paired with a Panasonic television

These are the remotes that came with the Roku.

I do not use the remote that came with the television.

I can control the tv with the tv buttons on the side of the television.

There are no blinking lights.

I followed the steps 1 through 5.  No change.

The television screen saver is all that appears.  The word Roku is on the screen saver.

I also tried unplugging the Roku box. Removing batteries. Reconnecting power to box. Replacing batteries. No change.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.