Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku “not connected”, remote not working

@3934437

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
walke192

I am making this post because I recently went through something very similar. We unplugged the roku stick from the wall to move it to an extension chord, and after that the roku stick wouldn’t connect to the internet (not connected message in the top right corner), and of course to follow the remote wouldn’t pair (pairing light kept blinking). We reset the roku stick several times, unplugged it from the extension chord and plugged it back in several times, took the batteries out of the remote, changed the batteries, reset the remote, reset the router, all of the things. Nothing was working.

Well come to find out, the usb plug that is directly connected to the roku stick itself was unplugged ever so slightly. It was plugged in juuuuust enough to turn the roku stick on, but apparently not enough to do anything else. I know this sounds so stupid, obviously you’ve probably checked the chords (as we did) but make sure everything is plugged in really well on all fronts. In the stick itself, the middle connection and then the wall. The exact same things others were experiencing in this thread was happening to us and stumped if for two days lol. 

I hope this solves someone’s issues!

I am having the same problem I connected it to my other tv and I still can’t do anything it worked fine until it just stopped working idk what else to do I have reset it changed batteries everything 

0 Kudos
Afrizzell

I am having the exact same problem. Did you get yours fixed?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Afrizzell

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LP1970

Thanks @walke192 so much for your post!  The same thing happened to my roku.  It was plugged in just enough to receive power, but not enough to connect to the internet.  I pushed the roku further into the HDMI slot and now everything works!  I had the same Not connected issues as everyone else.  Whew!  Back in business

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.