Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku “not connected”, remote not working

Hi @Sarah_smiles,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. What Roku model device are you using?
  2. Have you tried to reset the remote by pressing the home button, arrow down button, and pairing button altogether for 6 seconds then release? After doing the reset, remove the batteries from the remote. While the batteries are out, press and hold the OK button for 5 seconds to drain the remaining power from the remote. Then reboot your Roku unit. Reinsert the batteries back and press and hold the black/pairing button for 5 seconds. Check if you got the light on the remote and observe if the remote will pair back.
  3. What network frequency is your router using?

We recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve issues with my Roku® voice remote? | Official Roku Support 

If you are still having any issues with your remote not pairing, please provide the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Avijankas
Reel Rookie

Same issue. 

Just moved apartments. Same wifi information. All other devices work on Network. Remote will not work or pair with Roku Stick. Roku will not connect to network. Have no idea what else to try.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Avijankas

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried following the steps outlined in @MaryFranco's post?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Avijankas
Reel Rookie

Yes, I have tried all of those steps already. I have the Roku Streaming Stick +. It’s only about six months old.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Avijankas

Thanks for the follow up.

As stated in @MaryFranco's post, if you are still having any issues with your remote not pairing, please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device so we can assist further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Same problem here. Remote was still able to turn the tv on and off—until I tried to reset it and lost all use of the remote. iPhone app doesn’t see the Roku. Roku still states “Not connected” in upper right corner of the screen. Replaced batteries, reset wifi router, pulled all plugs, tried different HDMi ports, tried on other tv…nothing. 

0 Kudos
Avijankas
Reel Rookie

I sent you a message. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@WheresTheRemote

Thanks for the post.

Please see my previous post and I'll be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Avijankas

Thanks for the post.

I have replied to the PM that you sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Meghan007
Reel Rookie

Hi RokuDanny-R, I'm having the same issues. I'm not sure I can send the serial number though as I can't get to settings as it's not connected to the internet. 

ETA: I just unplugged my Streaming Stick + and I see the serial number. I will try to send you a PM. Thanks! 

0 Kudos