Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vincecaruso
Reel Rookie

Roku doesn't suck but I believe your remotes are forming a mutiny

LOL until the next time... and the next time... and the next time

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Ltotter

Re: Roku doesn't suck but I believe your remotes are forming a mutiny

Agree 100%. Remote seems to use batteries quickly and buttons are slow to respond. The worst part is the rewind/fast forward buttons which are just terrible in responding. I use the mobile Roku App Remote which is much better and it has a mic which the hand held does not.  Roku please provide a remote that is a positive reflection of your product. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku doesn't suck but I believe your remotes are forming a mutiny

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Ltotter!

We appreciate your feedback about the Roku remotes and we'd be happy to provide further information about this.

Roku remotes are designed to go the distance, but there are a few things that will drain a remote a bit faster...
  • Heavy usage of private listening on the remote itself--using the mobile app will save your batteries!
  • Congested Wi-Fi network around the device--the reason for this is that most remotes will use RF to connect to your Roku player and constant reconnection will use more battery.
  • Or viewing lots of short-form content, like YouTube, where a streamer could go through a few hundred button presses in an hour.
By the way, we also offer the Voice Remote Pro and Voice Remote Pro 2nd edition, which is a rechargeable remote with private listening, voice search, and voice commands, two programmable shortcut buttons, lost remote finder, and you'll never buy a pack of batteries again. It also comes with the latest Roku Ultra and the Plus Series Roku TV made by Roku.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Your convenience and satisfaction are what we always aim for which is why we value your feedback. We assure you that we will share it with the respective team.

Best regards,
Carly
Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos