Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Voice remote not working

Just purchased roku tv and Voice remote. Tv didn't come with remote. Remote Connected fine until I connected to the internet and set up my account. Now nothing on the remote works. You can see the remote is connected to the TV but I am unable to use it or even reconnect it.  Have reset the tv multiple times for the same thing to happen over and over again. Is it a fault with the remote or something in the system is blocking it?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice remote not working

Hi! @Queenslander.

A warm welcome from the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand that your remote is experiencing an issue.

Here are some steps that can help resolve the issue you reported:

Restart your Roku device and remote.

• Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from your remote.
  • Remove the power cable from your Roku device, wait 5 seconds, and then re-connect the power cable.
  • When your Roku device displays the home screen, reinsert the batteries in your remote.
  • Wait at least 30 seconds to see if your remote establishes a connection with your Roku device.

Re-pair the remote.

• Open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from your remote.
  • Remove the power cable from your Roku device, wait 5 seconds, and then re-connect the power cable.
  • When your Roku device displays the home screen, reinsert the batteries in your remote.
  • Press and hold the pairing button inside the battery compartment of your remote for 5 seconds or until you see the pairing light on the remote begin to flash. If the light does not flash, try again. If the light still does not flash, then you should replace the batteries (see below).
  • Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your Roku device.
  • The remote pairing dialog should appear on your TV screen.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How do I resolve problems with my Roku enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you need additional assistance, please reply to this post, and we will be happy to help.

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos