Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheMule

Re: Voice remote pro won't charge

We have three remotes that will not charge. One will sometimes, but I cannot figure out the magic sequence of motions that enables that one to charge sometimes, and it’s by no means reliable. 

They all pair when plugged in, the green lights operate properly. I’ve done all the suggestions outlined in these pages but not real fix. 

It’s a damnable shame seeing the crowd of people who have the same problem and it’s hard to imagine an issue this common has yet to be solved. We love using Roku, but these remotes are sucking out the joy. 

Linny746

Tried your method and as of now it is charging!

0 Kudos
oztrich
Channel Surfer

@Linny746 

What method worked to get your voice remote pro charging again?

There's presently 17 pages of complaints with 24 pages that were deleted with dates prior to Jan 2023. There's no telling how many pages of complaints there were in prior years. Only Roku knows how long this problem has existed but it's been at least 2 YEARS...and no resolution at all. At best, they only suggest to "use the original USB charging cable and re-pair the device". At one point, I believed the issue started by a bad firmware update and that could possible still be the issue. 

At this point, it's quite obvious that Roku has ZERO intention of fixing this WIDESPREAD problem. I've requested assistance many times over many months (all documented here unless the pages were deleted). All they do is ask questions about what your s/n is (already given) or suggest "fixes" that you've documented that you've already tried and they obviously didn't work. They say they'll have someone contact you and no one ever does. My Voice Remote Pro is NOW out of warranty, so I expect them to use that excuse to push me off and to continue to ignore the issue for others. 

I was an early adopter to Roku when you had to find and download the channels. They've really come a long way since then but completely ignoring this issue and continuing to sell a potentially defective product is NOT a good business practice. No one cares though, unless it affects their stock price. I wish there was a way to warn others before they waste their money, but what I really wish more, is the Roku address this problem and fix it!!

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TheMule @oztrich,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We'd love to help you out with this issue on your Roku Voice Remote Pro since it will not charged. Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device by going to settings, system, and about so we can assist you further?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
d-dub
Reel Rookie

Found solution for my problem.  Not sure if it will work for all.

Most of the chargers/adapters I have are higher output chargers.  I found a lower output charger (2 amp) and it is now charging just fine.  Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
d-dub
Reel Rookie

Most of the chargers/adapters I have are higher output chargers.  I found a lower output charger (2 amp) and it is now charging just fine.  Hope this helps.

d-dub
Reel Rookie

0 Kudos

Hi there,

My Voice Remote Pro 20:EF:BD:ED:98:1B is not charging more than 36%, and the charge doesn’t hold. After an hour or so, I troubleshooted using divergent charges and cables, but there is not solution for this problem. Please assist. 
thanks

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Albertolein,

Thanks for sharing the experience you've had with this remote issue. We're happy to help.

As per checking, you have a couple of Roku devices. May we know for what specific Roku device this remote pairs with? Also, you can send us a PM here, as we may need personal information to resolve this issue.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
amlindy

Re: Voice remote pro charging

Voice Remote Pro has been plugged in longer than the 3 hours and the green light is still flashing. Why 

isn't it stopping.  Can I unplug it and use it anyway?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.