Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VTHokie96
Roku Guru

Roku Ultra w/ Voice Remote Pro Volume UP/DOWN Does Not Respond to Initial Command

Jump to solution

Roku Ultra (2022) 4802X w/ Voice Remote Pro. Software version up to date (v12.5.5 build 4174-C2, 01/16/24)

Ultra --> Marantz SR8012R AVR --> LG OLED65C7P TV

TV (via AVR) control properly setup as CEC.

All buttons and voice control on remote work properly w/ two exceptions:

(1) Pressing and holding either Volume+ or Volume- buttons only activates the display of the current volume level and does not increase/decrease volume. Only by an immediate button re-press and hold will volume start to change until button released. Very annoying having 2-step process when only single-step necessary (which worked for prior SW releases).

(2) Single press of up/down direction on Home screen (or any menu/app screen) results in double up/down highlighted-selected item movement.

My other Ultra 4800X (connected directly to TCL TV using CEC) and it's Enhanced remote work flawlessly (button and voice control).

CEC is standardized and this should work flawlessly in current setup.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra w/ Voice Remote Pro Volume UP/DOWN Does Not Respond to Initial Command

Jump to solution

Hi @VTHokie96.

Thanks for letting us know.

May we know when you started having this issue? Also, does this issue only occur on this specific device? What have you done so far? You can try the troubleshooting steps provided in this article just to make sure we didn't miss anything.

Please keep us informed so we can provide you with the best resolution possible.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra w/ Voice Remote Pro Volume UP/DOWN Does Not Respond to Initial Command

Jump to solution

Hi @VTHokie96.

Thanks for letting us know.

May we know when you started having this issue? Also, does this issue only occur on this specific device? What have you done so far? You can try the troubleshooting steps provided in this article just to make sure we didn't miss anything.

Please keep us informed so we can provide you with the best resolution possible.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
VTHokie96
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello and thanks for the response. I had already performed all Roku suggestions w/o any correction to volume issues. I'm testing other methods to correct issue; will respond with results once done.

0 Kudos
VTHokie96
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

While I had previously gone through all possible troubleshooting steps (i.e., power cycling of both devices, restarting Ultra, reconnect HDMI cabling....) to correct the problem without any success prior to my original posting, the problem appears to have resolved itself in the past few days. There must have been a glitch in the CEC communications channel between my Ultra 4802X and the Marantz AVR that effected only volume control commands. Not sure which device caused it, but recent testing indicates all is working as expected.  

Consider this case as closed. Thank you for the support. 

0 Kudos