Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwbuckley
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra having problems.

I have an Roku Ultra that I bought in Feb from Roku.  Lately when I got to use the unit, I pickup the remote to move over to my apps.  All I get is a clicking sound.  At that point I can't do anything with remote.  It wont go up and down or any direction.  Before you ask, the battery is fully charged and the unit has been reset.

The only way i can get the unit to working correctly is to unplug the cord from my Ultra.  I plug it back in and it reboots just fine.  That is until the next time I want to use it.  I am not sure if its the rechargeable remote or the device itself that I am having problems with.

If anybody has any ideas on what is wrong I would appreciate the help.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra having problems.

Hi @cwbuckley,

Thank you for your first post here in the Roku Community!

We see that your Roku remote is unable to move up and down in any direction, and we're here to help! To get started, would you mind trying the steps below to help you get sorted?

Use the following steps to restart your streaming device.

1. Remove the power cable from your streaming device
  2. Wait at least 5 seconds
  3. Re-connect the power cable
  4. Wait for your streaming device to power on, and the Home screen to appear on your TV
  5. Once you see the Home screen, try to use your remote to control your device

If your voice remote uses standard batteries, use the following steps to replace the batteries in your voice remote with a new matching pair.

1. Locate a new matching pair of batteries
  2. Remove the battery cover on the back of your remote
  3. Remove both batteries from the battery compartment
  4. Insert the negative (-) end of the new battery and then gently push the positive (+) end until the battery clicks into place
  5. Repeat the previous step to install the second battery
  6. Put the battery cover back on your remote

If your voice remote has a rechargeable battery, use the following steps instead.

1. Connect the small, micro-USB or USB-C end of the charging cable to the charging port on your remote
  2. Connect the other end to a standard USB power adaptor, like one you might use with your smartphone
  3. The status light will flash slowly when charging and change to a solid green when complete

If the status light does not begin to flash within a few seconds, try a different charging cable and power adaptor. Remember to use the USB cable that came with your voice remote for the best results.

We also suggest resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again and try using the Roku voice remote feature to see if this makes any difference.

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing; however, if it is still unresolved, please reply, and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.