Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nobodynoname
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra freezes when earbuds plugged

same thing happened to me, i unplugged it and started it up again.  i plugged mine in a second time when nothing-no program-was playing.  just the channels screen was showing.  seemed to work just fine after that.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Roku model (this can be found in Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
eugef2
Reel Rookie

I get this issue all the time on my Roku Ultra. I usually unplug device and plug it back and issue gets resolved until next time this happens 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@eugef2

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the information requested in my previous post?

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
eugef2
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R 

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
YJ00GK067898

-Roku model (this can be found in Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes
RC345

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
No. It occur on main screen or on any channel when I plug headphones

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
Unable to do so since Roku freezes when this happens and not responding to buttons, then it reboots itself after about 30 seconds.  After automatic reboot issue still exists. In my case It's only temporary fixed after power cycle (unplug power - wait 30 seconds - plug back)

-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Seems to be random. I can't come up with steps to reproduce because I don't use headphones jack regularly.  I usually plug them in after getting Roku from standby and I almost always plug in headphone before starting any channel, while on the main screen. It freezes while on the main screen and stop responding to remote even after unplugging headphones. Then it reboots itself. 

0 Kudos
WalkaboutGaiji
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem. I tried reconnecting my remote, as suggested here, but the problem persists. As soon as I plug in my earbuds, my Ultra stops responding to the remote. Interestingly, the TV mute button also doesn't work -- this seems odd because that IR command goes directly from the remote to the TV.

I have tried two different earbuds, and I had the same result with both of them. These are the same buds that I have been using with my Roku for many months.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @WalkaboutGaiji

Thank you for the inquiry!

Send us a message with the serial number of your Roku device that has an issue with the remote to take a closer look.

To get the serial number: Press the Home button on your Roku remote > go to settings> system> about. Underneath you may locate the ESN Serial Number.

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
eugef2
Reel Rookie

I have provided all the details requested by "Roku Employee" over a year ago (see my last post), but the issue was never resolved. My Roku Ultra still freezes randomly when I plug the headphones into a remote and it requires power reboot (unplug power -> wait 15 sec -> plug it back) and sometimes multiple times to resolve the problem.

Looks like answers from "Roku Employee" in this forum is either computer generated or CS rep just follows the script to reply, but in reality no one from tech team is actually looking into this issue whatsoever.

0 Kudos
Gr8Dane
Channel Surfer

Before I bought a new remote I solved the prob by connecting via the Android Roku app and listening via earphones through the phone app. Then the Roku remote would work fine with earphones after that - until it happened again. But the new rechargeable remote has never had this problem.

0 Kudos