Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rarino5

Roku Ultra / Voice Remote Pro shows battery level alert on TV even when battery is fully charged .

I got a Voice Remote Pro a few months ago to depart with my Roku Ultra. A few days ago a battery level alert started appearing on my TV screen ⠀every few minutes. I charged the remote overnight. After charging the battery level alert still appears on my TV every few minutes. The alert shows the battery charge percentage, which started at 100% but is now down to 98%, but the battery icon shows one red bar, as if the battery was low on charge. I've tried charging the remote again, but the same thing happens. The alert still appears every few minutes, showing a high charge percentage, but an icon with one red bar indicating a low charge percentage. Having that alert pop up every few minutes is very annoying. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make it go away. I searched the community forums at Roku.com, and other people have reported the issue, but no solutions have been posted. Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra / Voice Remote Pro shows battery level alert on TV even when battery is fully char...

@rarino5

Thanks for the post.

If you got a new Voice Remote Pro to pair with your Roku Ultra device, the alert that you are seeing on screen is most likely from the original remote that came with the Roku Ultra. Have you made sure to unpair that remote or to see if charging that specific remote resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Lexi2022
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro shows battery level alert on TV even when battery is fully charged

My Roku Voice Remote Pro (m/n:  RC-MC1) did & is doing the same exact thing for about a month. The battery level alert started appearing on my TV screen every couple minutes when the remote was fully charged. Now, my remote is not holding a charge and/or even charging at this point. The crazy thing is I purchased my remote on Amazon EXACTLY one year ago today (August 9, 2021) and for it to stop working exactly one year from purchase/activation is just mind boggling and very disappointing. 
I’m going to try and reach out to Roku later today in hopes of a replacement. I’ve done every trouble shooting / support option available incl trying a couple other Roku micro USB cables and remote still not charging. 
For reference purposes, my Roku Linked Device M/N is:  2N00CE449899

Thank you for your post @rarino5 !

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Voice Remote Pro shows battery level alert on TV even when battery is fully charged

Hi @Lexi2022,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for the post.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you through email.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Diana311

As of this morning the same thing has happened with our roku ultra remote. I checked the battery level on the settings and it says fully charged. This is a chargeable remote. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Diana311

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, is this remote that came with the Roku device?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lexi2022
Reel Rookie

Yes, it is the Roku remote that came with the TV. 

0 Kudos
chairsbed

Re: Roku Ultra / Voice Remote Pro shows battery level alert on TV even when battery is fully charged

I have a Roku ultra 4802X, I have had it for about a year it is now constantly displaying alerts. every 10 seconds it displays the remote battery status. I assume the remote is sending this instruction to the Roku because it drains the battery very fast. This also impacts performance of the Roku, while it is displaying the alert it stops taking commands for a second. 

I thought maybe if I just put the remote an another room at least the Roku would not get the alert from the remote and I wouldn't have to be annoyed by the alert popping up ever 10 seconds. Well it worked, however I entered a fresh new **bleep** where was getting an alert every 10 seconds saying the hands free feature was off. 

I have tried unpairing and repairing the remote with no luck, I have tried hard restarts, I have tried letting the battery fully drain. I'm about the smash it with a hammer and get a different product. Please address this before I quit Roku forever

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra / Voice Remote Pro shows battery level alert on TV even when battery is fully charged

@chairsbed

Thanks for the post.

Can you try resetting your remote to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing? To reset the remote hold down the pair button (back of the remote) for 15 seconds when remote reset the pair LED will blink quickly for 5 times in 2 seconds, and when LED turn off, you can release the pair button.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
franny554
Reel Rookie

Hello.  I am now having the same issue.  Battery notice, voice control notice displays on screen every minute.  I can’t scroll when it does not display.  Green light on remote constantly blinking.  I have tried to reset Roku, pair remote nothing works.  I have it charging.  But it shows fully charged.  How do I get a replacement as I don’t want to continue trying not after seeing how many people are having the same issue.  It’s apparently an issue w voice control remotes.  
help!