Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tlsi97

Roku Ultra Remote w/Rechargeable Battery, FF Button acts as constantly pressed!

Hello,

I have just gotten the Roku Ultra with the Rechargeable Remote. The FF Button acts as if it is constantly depressed. For example, I have downloaded the Roku Channel called "Tablo Classic" which is a DVR playback App. When I want to watch a recorded show and I just tap the FF button to scroll forward to skip the commercials, the skip does not stop after the momentary tap. Then I press the Play button and the play mode is resumed. However, It skipped forward seconds and minutes from what I wanted to watch.

May I have your suggestions for resolving this situation.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra Remote w/Rechargeable Battery, FF Button acts as constantly pressed!

@tlsi97, that's the default behavior for the FF/Rew buttons.  One tap starts slow movement, the next two taps speed it up more, and the forth tap will go back to the slowest movement.  Pressing OK or Play/Pause will resume the video playing.  Any app that doesn't behave that way is overriding the default behavior.  If you want to move forward/backward approximately 10 seconds per tap use the right/left arrow buttons and then OK or Play/Pause to resume.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos