Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Ultra Remote Scans Channels

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra Remote runs continuously while choosing channels. I can use the up and down button to scroll channels but more often now, the remote will take off on it's own and run through channels continuously without me being able to stop it. I've noticed the same issue searching through remote help topics. The remote just starts scrolling on it's own. I've re-paired the remote to the device but that doesn't seem to help. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Carlos

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra Remote Scans Channels

Jump to solution

Hi @z4_rk,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We would be more than happy to assist you with this. Try to do a system restart from Settings > System> System Restart. After the device has rebooted, re-pair your Roku remote by pressing and holding the pairing button in the battery compartment for 20 seconds and pressing and holding again for 5 seconds when the green light starts flashing.

Please let us know how it works, and we'll continue assisting you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @Carlos27282

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Have you tried all the troubleshooting steps in this Support link: How to resolve issues with your Roku® simple remote or Roku voice remote?

If the issue persists, please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

Regards, 
Karla

0 Kudos
z4_rk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This just started to happen in the last week. If I hold the scroll button more than a fraction of a second, it seems to store up multiple scroll signals and continues to scroll after I release the button. This happens on my Roku Ultra and Roku sticks.  

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @z4_rk,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We would be more than happy to assist you with this. Try to do a system restart from Settings > System> System Restart. After the device has rebooted, re-pair your Roku remote by pressing and holding the pairing button in the battery compartment for 20 seconds and pressing and holding again for 5 seconds when the green light starts flashing.

Please let us know how it works, and we'll continue assisting you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
z4_rk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help. I did the reset and the prolem is resolved. I find it strange that all thrree of my ROKU devices would need to be reset a the same time. 

0 Kudos
JLG1208

Jump to solution

Same issue here.  Device is weeks old.  Best Buy has a 15 day warranty.  After 15 days I have to contact Roku.  There is no way to contact Roku.  Do I throw this away and go back to paying for cable?  Apparently many have the scrolling remote.  Took me 10 minutes to change the channel after it auto-scrolled to channel 2000.  Suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @JLG1208,

Welcome to your first post in the Roku Community, and thanks for reaching out!

Have you tried doing the troubleshooting steps we have provided above this thread? If not, we recommend doing so to see if it resolves the issue.

Please let us know how it works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AMC49

Jump to solution

I’m a different customer with the same problem. Have tried all solutions offered and nothing helped. Just for kicks I tried an older remote and it worked. I have another ultra with the rechargeable remote with the same issue.  Now how do I get the remotes repaired?

MikeCauble

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @AMC49

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Comunity.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you've encountered with your Roku remote, and we're here to assist. Let us collect some more details about this so we can help further. May we know what specific Roku remote you are having issues with? Also, what behavior does the Roku remote display whenever the issue is happening? Further, what specific troubleshooting actions have you performed in an attempt to resolve the issue?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos