Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrRobinYT

Roku Loads Crackle By Itself

This started happening to our TV today. We have an external Roku device and it has always worked fine. I've tried changing back to the original Roku plug in that resolved low power issue. Unplugged the TV and all Roku plugs, and HDMI cable. Nothing has worked. I can use my Smart phone as a remote, but that doesn't help my family when I'm away.

I don't have Crackle as a channel. I can't get to anything else, or even download Crackle. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DrRobinYT

Re: Roku Loads Crackle By Itself

Now the remote doesn't work effectively.   The batteries are new, but it won't do anything other than beep and cause the exit sling button to flash. I can't exit or cancel using the remote.

I took a video, but so far haven't been able to attach it.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DrRobinYT,

Welcome to your first post here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we're quite concerned about this unfamiliar issue. No worries, let's try to have a workaround with this. First, let's perform a troubleshooting step, which is to restart your Roku streaming device. To do this, navigate to Settings > System > Power (Skip if you don't see this sub-menu) > System Restart.

Once performed, check to see if you notice any improvements. Let us know about this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AJAGolf

It still loading crackle even though its not one of my apps

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @AJAGolf,

We're thrilled to have you join us here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us about Crackle. We're pleased to assist.

• What Roku device are you using right now?
  • Is this the first time you set up/activated this Roku device? If NOT, is this the first time you have experienced this issue?
  • Do you have an antenna, cable, or other device connected to your TV?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?
  • If possible video and/or picture of the issue:

Please keep us updated on your progress and we will be happy to continue helping you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.