Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LP08
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4K + Remote quit working after 4 months

I purchased a Roku Express 4K+ with a voice/TV remote control. The remote worked great until yesterday it just stopped working. I put brand new batteries in it and it still doesn't work. I have unplugged the Roku Express waited a minute and plugged back in and nothing. Did the same with the TV, nothing. The original TV remote works and my old simple Roku remote (from my old Roku) works. I already did what is on the Roku remote support page. Looking for ideas.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express 4K + Remote quit working after 4 months

You can try contacting support at https://support.roku.com/contactus and you may get lucky and they'll send you a remote.  I think using the problem with account/payment option may give the best chance of reaching someone via chat.  You can also try the warranty return process.  Anytime it asks you for a serial number it wants the serial number of the Roku device you're using the remote with and not the remote's serial number.

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

In the meantime, you can use the mobile app as a remote:

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.