Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4K+ : Remote Draining Batteries Daily

Hi @kaubry88,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
YKC
Reel Rookie

Hello,

The remote model on the box is RCAL7CA but inside the batter compartment says it's RC FA1. 

Serial number is 3226001106

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @YKC,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We apologized for the inconvenience this has caused and we appreciate you for providing your remote information. We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help but will need more details. Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device that came with the remote by going to Settings>System>About?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
YKC
Reel Rookie

my device serial number is X00400HC4RPN. I bought the remote separately though because the one that came with the device was too basic.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @YKC,

Thanks for providing all the information we requested and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

In regard to your battery issue with the Roku remote, a member of our Support team will reach out to you via email to assist you. Please let the Support team know if you have any other questions so they can assist you further and provide a resolution to this issue.

Let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
winger
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue with my Express 4k+ remote draining batteries every other day. I have tried to pair again but it doesnt help.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @winger,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you informing us about the battery issue with your Roku remote. We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help.

Just to verify, do your Roku remotes support private listening?

We also recommend taking a look at our Support page to troubleshoot remote issues: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
saturn2
Binge Watcher

i myself had this problem but i had to take apart my remote and clean it so you might have to do that

0 Kudos
YKC
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the suggestion @saturn2. I know you're trying to be helpful. But Roku is failing here. I don't think I should have to do surgery to my remote to for it to work properly. I've never had to open another remote and clean it for it to work.

Piper2022
Reel Rookie

I agree @YKC. My Roku is only 2 months old and is the second one with the same issue. One was an Ultra purchased in November and the current one with the issue is the streaming 4k+ stick. I have had Rokus for years and none of them have this problem.

Just to add: these Rokus were used in two different houses on two different tvs so it was not the set up/tv connections that is the issue. 

0 Kudos