Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_JOHN_
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Enhanced Remote no longer controls Sceptre tv volume and power

That's too bad... was nice while it did for me.... now not so much.

0 Kudos
XkarenX
Channel Surfer

My TV does not support it.  I just wish I knew that before I bought it!

0 Kudos
Mexglx
Reel Rookie

Can you please provide us with the following information:
Issue ID: 04-190-409

-Roku device model:4660X Ultra
-serial number: YJ0047518404
-device ID: CK3854518404
-software OS/version: 10.0.0 build 4195-46?
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

-screen shot of your remote information screen firmware: 2.01.19.108, Model: RC193

-specific brand and TV model: Sceptre X322BV

0 Kudos
Mexglx
Reel Rookie

I was able to get a Sony code to work. It was the 37th or 38th code. Oddly, volume controls are inverted. Up button lowers volume and down increases volume. On/off worked. 

0 Kudos
_JOHN_
Streaming Star

I will see if I can get that to work for mine, better than nothing like now! Thanks

0 Kudos
_JOHN_
Streaming Star

Nope, fail.

0 Kudos
CJ123456
Reel Rookie

I assumed that the Roku Streaming Stick+ I was using with my bargain basement 50" 4k sceptre was being controlled by CEC. At one point I'm pretty sure it was using CEC without any issues. It was recently changed without my knowledge to IR which fully works correctly. I think it was with the 10.0 OS update. I just realized this yesterday so using the secret remote menu I enabled CEC over IR. All the commands work correctly except mute. Power, volume up and down all work as they should. When I press mute now it flashes the main menu and disappears and does not mute the TV.

I know the simple solution would be to use IR but aren't we getting away from using such a primitive mode of controlling devices? Besides the "one touch play" function works correctly changing the input to the Roku and my TV can control my soundbar without issue via HDMI ARC CEC. I don't want my Roku issuing IR commands for anything. I can live without mute working correctly but why is this an issue? The TV uses the same IR codes as a Sony television but I'm not quite sure if there are different CEC codes like with IR TV but I hope not since it's direct over the cable communication you would think it's not necessary.

Only reason I bought such a "dumb" TV is because all the TVs I've bought or acquired with Rolu built-in were intolerable to use. New or older Roku TV models doesn't matter if you examine their temperature in the "secret menu" they are usually dangerously high which is why they are slow and glitchy. My external Roku's also started to get dangerously hot but I was able to add cooling to them and I keep them between 60-65 Celsius. When the Roku goes above 90 degrees they start to do stuff like the audio cuts in and out and becomes un-synced with the video. They also start to become much slower. Anyways back to my original issue.

I had full CEC control over my cheap 50" Sceptre until the 10.0 os upgrade. It's just losing the mute function but still it should be working fine. I'll be reaching out to Sceptre support (which is actually decent surprisingly enough) but I wonder if Roku is going to fix this with future upgrades since it was their "upgrade" that broke it.

0 Kudos

Have a 50" 4k Sceptre and 4k Stick, and was going through this frustration with the Roku voice remote that was included. Nothing was working, when I decided to go through the Samsung codes for the second time. Boom, can't remember which one hit, but I saw the Sceptre OSD volume control pop up. Controls the volume and power. Hope this helps!

me4
Streaming Star

I purchased a Sceptre about a month ago when my Hiscense bit the dust.  My Ultra remote worked with the old TV, but not this one.  I literally have 5 remotes on the coffee table.  Ultra, TV, Sound Bar, Firestick, and DVD player.  Has anyone tried a universal remote?  I've seen a few on Amazon, but not sure what to buy.

0 Kudos
Makayla

The remote won’t turn off or adjust volume for my spectre tv. What the heck

0 Kudos