Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chadoffl
Reel Rookie

Roku Enhanced Remote no longer controls Sceptre tv volume and power

My Roku remote always controlled the volume and power on my Sceptre tv, but a few days ago it just stopped. I've tried reprogramming the remote in setup and none of the codes stop the music from playing, and setup says it won't work with this Sceptre tv. I've tried a handful of different brands hoping one of their codes would work and still nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

45 REPLIES 45
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Enhanced Remote no longer controls Sceptre tv volume and power

Try telling it you have a sony tv instead of sceptre.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
chadoffl
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried Sony and none of those worked. I also tried LG, Samsung, TCL, and Hisense.

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

When programming the tv, its best to have a line of sight to the roku and the tv, don't have it buried behind the tv and you'll get better results. And use new batteries. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Run44

I had problem pairing my comcast remote with a sceptre tv, and someone suggested to use a Sony code of 11100 and it worked for power on/off and volume increase/decrease.

I also just recently paired a Roku Express Voice remote to the same sceptre tv, and it worked for power on/off but not for volume increse/decrease

0 Kudos
Kat30

I have a sceptre tv. With a Roku account paired with Spectrum. I haven't had tv in weeks because my remote does not work. I have to watch DVDs. Can someone please help me.ci sent several emails to Roku.noone has gotten back to me. You can't call them by ecause they are taking any calls.cwell I feel sorry for all the people who have roku and can't get any help.

Tags (3)
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Kat30 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
_JOHN_
Streaming Star

Seems roku tech's don't read this and they could care less. I have written several times and got nothing, zip, nada back ion response. Just suck it up loser is what I imagine they think.

0 Kudos
Debby2
Reel Rookie

Mine has worked fine up till today. Even after reprogramming it. So this solution is useless. I don’t understand how it just quits working.

Tags (3)
_JOHN_
Streaming Star

aye, not a blessed thing works and they don’t want to fix it either, probably because it’s not some fancy expensive tv their more wealthy clients would own I suspect, just not worth their effort.