Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eddie_T
Streaming Star

Re: Roku 4 remote eats batteries like mad, now the batteries only ladt 2 days

Jump to solution

Y'all ain't gunna like it! I got out my meter and checked for current finding that there is ALWAYS current flow of several milliamps. The current seems to fluctuate as if it's charging and discharging a capacitor.

I have a TEMPORARY FIX only until ROKU steps up to the plate and replaces our remotes!!!!

The TEMPORARY FIX is to wrap a piece of tape around one battery to make a tab for ease of battery removal. I leave the battery cover off and pop the battery out and reinsert it only long enough to enter a command.

I know this is lousy think maybe I should try Firestick every time you have to do it. 

0 Kudos
Eddie_T
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I just talked to my son. His batteries don't last long either. Roku has to fix this problem. How do we bring it to the attention of management so we can get some action? He has two 3800s and I have one.

0 Kudos
LaineeSews
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Smiley Frustrated Luckily I only wasted 2 good batteries This is what helped me. Check for system updates then try a system restart.
Setting -System -system updates Settings -System -system restart  Good luck!

*** this time everything on the remote works except volume +\-  & mute. Ugh. 

****Went to remote settings & it showed I had 2 remotes connected to the tv. So deleted the not in use one & clicked on “in use” remote and went through the sound check steps that popped up. “Do you hear the music playing?” “Has the music stopped?”

Finally !!!

Streamer50
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you @LaineeSews! I did this on all devices and the battery drain continues. Glad it solved for you! 

Eddie_T
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

My TV is years older than my Roku and its remote is still good. Why can't Roku just provide a replacement remote or provide instructions on how to open remote and eliminate the mike if it is the offending circuit? Don't management understand that we are not going to shut up? I am going to Amazon to see if I can offer a negative review there. 

0 Kudos
Eddie_T
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I wasted more time with the remote today. I went through a couple of restarts and set the remote to turn TV on/off but the remote still draws current w/o pushing any buttons. I'm going to leave one battery ajar and snap it in when I want a quick command and don't want to call up the Chromebook Romoku app. I will also keep complaining on any social media that presents an opportunity. If no resolution maybe keep some other poor soul from experiencing our problem. I hit a house repair forum today. I may add a switch (preferably momentary contact) if I run across a likely candidate in my junk box or an old electronic device hitting the trash. I won't be spending good money after bad.

Who knows maybe Roku will suddenly do the right thing as others have before them.

0 Kudos
Eddie_T
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Has anyone received a replacement remote from ROKU? Is there even a hint that ROKU is seeking resolution? Does ROKU even care?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Eddie_T

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Choppy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you but Roku has sent me a replacement that works perfectly 

my issue is closed and i am very satisfied 

0 Kudos